It's been two weeks now. The sense of sadness is back today. Josh is home early. He was having a hard time today, so work allowed him to leave.
Before all this happened, I signed up to do a Beth Moore bible study called Stepping Up. Funny that it's over 15 chapters of Psalm. A book I've been encouraged to read by more than one person in these past 2 weeks because of the way that David so eloquently writes about his grief and his overcoming of it. I decided to start Day One last night, and was struck by how much it really spoke to me. That Psalm covers all emotions, including grief, sorrow, fear, and doubt-all of which I'm currently experiencing. That God can use my deep sense of loss over Levi to bring me to a renewed faith and comfort in Him. That I don't have to walk this difficult road alone.
"In my distress I cried unto the Lord, and he heard me." Psalm 120:1
Funny how this study was picked before my heart was shattered two weeks ago. Because if it wasn't already decided, I never would have agreed to do it.
5 comments:
God always has a plan. Things sometimes happen for reasons we can't and may never understand. I'm glad you are leaning on God again.
David lost a child too. He is a passionate poet who knows pain and promise. I have found comfort in his struggles and his story. I pray this for you too.
Prayers for you continue here as you walk this road of forever missing Levi. Lean heavy on God, He is strong and will carry you.
Love and Hugs, Laurie
I just came across your blog via a post on MckMama's... I wanted to offer my deepest sympathy for the loss of your beautiful son, Levi. He certainly is beautiful. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and hope that you are able to find Comfort in our Heavenly Father's loving arms.
Amy I told your Dad Sunday how your honest words being expressed reminded me of David. To hear your now going through this study is so encouraging to me.You are not allowing your grief to make you forget how good God is and your focus on the eternal is always present in you.You are going to make it through this because of that.Praying for you constantly.
Joe Huber
Post a Comment