I realized last night that Levi would have been one week old yesterday. It's been one week since I heard the awful words "no heartbeat." It's been one week since I first held the lifeless form of my son's body. I've cried everyday for one week. I've been living in a nightmare for one week, hoping to wake up. My heart has been shattered for one week. I've felt some of the worst pain for one week. I've felt like a part of me is missing for one week.
One week has come and gone, and it hasn't gotten any easier. I still cry myself to sleep while drugged on ambien. Without it, I lay awake staring at the ceiling for hours. At times, I still wake in the middle of the night and move to the couch clutching a box of kleenex and Levi's quilt so as not to wake my husband with my sobs. I fall apart sobbing at the drop of a hat. I have to force myself to eat. Nothing sounds appetizing anymore. It's difficult to find joy. And I want to so badly. I want to be a good mother to Aidan again. It's just so hard. How do you be a mother when you are grieving so badly for the loss of a child? Aidan and Daddy spend a lot of time together these days, but Monday, Josh goes back to work and it's Aidan and Mommy again. I'm going to have to pull myself together somehow.
Physically, I still feel pretty lousy. My incision is still tender, I have sharp pains through my abdomen at times, my back kills me, my breasts ache with the need to nurse. It's hard to walk long distances. Technically, I still have another week of recovery time, but I think it's going to take longer than that. My body doesn't seem to be healing very quickly this time around.
I've survived one week, and I'm not sure how.
5 comments:
the prayers of MANY - friends and strangers - are holding you up. count on that! i remember those early days for my daughter - if i were to go back and read her blog posts, she was EXACTLY where you are. joy DOES come in the morning - you WILL find joy again down the road. and you WILL be a good mother to aidan...somehow when we are forced to, we just do it. it might feel mechanical and forced at first but you will WILL yourself to be that special, loving mommy to aidan because you know he needs you - and you will cry with him some and that's okay. i pray for you friends that will help you with aidan when you feel you can't - and i pray for special times for you with aidan that God will bless for you both. i know this mother's day will be bittersweet and i will be praying for you. love, jan
Amy, I know it is still hard for you and you do need time to grieve. Its ok to cry. You made it through this past week because of all the love around you (Josh, Aidan, your parents, your sister, your brother, your extended family and all of your friends) We are all still here for you. You will make it through this. I so badly want to help you in some way, but I know there probably isn't anything I can do you help. But, if there is please let me know and I will do it. I care for you and your family. (((HUGS))) I am still praying - everyday...
Love, Jessica
Jan said it all.
Thinking about you, and praying for you and your family still...
Oops. I didn't know I had signed in as Greg. The previous comment was from me (Undrea).
Thank you so much for sharing from your heart. I'm praying that God would bring you moments of joy even in your grief, to remind you that He is true to His word. Joy will come in the morning.
Post a Comment