Just a few minutes ago, as I sat on the couch to spend time with Aidan, he lifted my shirt, pointed to my tummy and said, "Baby. Hi, baby," as he waved his hand. That one caught me completely off guard. I couldn't stop the tears. How do you tell a two year old that there is no longer a baby in Mommy's tummy? I didn't even think he remembered.
3 comments:
amy- I can't even imagine being you and hearing aiden say that - that is so precious and yet so painful and hard - I still wish I could take this all away - but I can't :(-
Amy,
You don't know me, but I went to high school with Josh. I have been reading your blog since you lost your precious Levi. I have wanted to post a comment so many times, but was fearful of saying the wrong thing. I make my living as a counselor, and yet I have no words to offer you other than the assurance that the Prince of Peace and Wonderful Counselor longs to minister to you during this time. I did, however, want to offer you some information on a resource. I have worked at a center for grieving families here in Houston called Bo's Place. I know they have similar centers throughout the country. You can locate one here, if it is something you are interested in: http://www.dougy.org/grief-support-resources. I worked with very young children and their grieving families and witnessed tremendous healing. I continue to pray for you, Josh, Aiden and your extended family daily.
Love in Christ,
Rebecca (Hendrickson) Albus
Amy, after reading the "Remembering" poem in your blog I need to appologize for not saying much when Lucas and I went to visit you. I didn't know what to say, but now I realize you needed to be listened. I promise I'll listen next time I see you.
About Aiden thinking that you have a baby in the belly, I don't know if it helps to know that Lucas also does that even though he knows Raquel is out of my belly. HUGS, Gabriela
Post a Comment