Friday, May 29, 2009

In Memory...

I'm feeling a little sentimental tonight. These are just a few things that help get me through my days. I would much prefer to have a baby to hold though.This is the quilt my mom made for Levi. Josh had suggested burying it with Levi and keeping one airplane to frame for the wall. I almost did it, but at the last minute, I changed my mind. I wanted to keep the quilt. It's the one tangible item I have that belonged to just Levi. Plus my mom put a lot of love into making it for Levi. I'll go ahead and admit that I sleep with it just about every night. I hold Levi's blanket in my arms instead of Levi. The first rose bloom off of Levi's rose bush. I pressed it and then glued it into his baby book above his footprints. My sister gave me this ring. It's Levi's birthstone-a diamond (although this one is actually a white sapphire-the "modern" birthstone for April.)


The necklace my mom bought for me. On the back of one baby shoe is engraved "Levi" and the back of the other "4-30-09."

No comments: