Remembering
Go ahead and mention my child,
The one that died, you know.
Don't worry about hurting me further.
The depth of my pain doesn't show.
Don't worry about making me cry.
I'm already crying inside.
Help me to heal by releasing
The tears that I try to hide.
I'm hurt when you just keep silent,
Pretending she didn't exist.
I'd rather you mention my child,
Knowing that she has been missed.
You asked me how I was doing.
I say "pretty good" or "fine".
But healing is something ongoing
I feel it will take a lifetime.
~ Elizabeth Dent ~
3 comments:
Amy,
It will take a lifetime to deal with losing Levi. He is and always will be in your heart. I am praying that little by little, someday the pain will not be as great as it is today, only a week from meeting him. I am so sorry and am praying for you to get through this time with Gods help and gentleness.
Love and Hugs, Laurie
Thank you for letting us know how you are feeling concerning Levi so we can know how to pray.We are in your parents ABF and we are praying constantly for you and Josh and your parents as you all grieve.We grieve with you.We are asking God to comfort you,
Joe and Wendy Huber
Amy and Josh,
We continue to pray for you as you go through this most difficult time. As we sang this morning--God never lets go, through the highs and through the lows. May He comfort you as you grieve for Levi.
Love you,
Jo & Jim Roddy
Post a Comment