Tears stream down my face as I listen to this
song. I'm trying desperately to hold on to God's promises, but sometimes it just seems too hard. Sometimes I don't think I can go on. Sometimes the pain is too deep and too unending. A veil of sadness covers all I do. My heart is torn and can't be mended this side of heaven. I pray for strength and healing. But until that time comes, I trust that I'm being held.
3 comments:
Oh Amy,
I am so sorry for your broken heart and the pain you are suffering. It just makes me so sad for you and I wish I could help. I do have a couple of scriptures I'd like to share.
"Along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16 (I may have already shared this one)
"I called to the Lord in my distress, and I cried to my God for help. From His temple He heard my voice, and my cry to Him reached His ears." Psalms 18:6
You are being held Amy, you can trust Him to be holding you even if you don't feel it. He will not forsake you. Grief is gut wrenching and it rips to the very core. I am so sorry and will be praying even harder for you. I am praying for your marriage to grow stronger as you go through this valley. Asking Him to flood you with His peace tonight.
Love and Hugs, Laurie
amy - what you are feeling aboout aiden is normal - its part of what is called post traumatic stess disorder - to be afraid that something will happen to aiden or josh is totally normal. YOu just experienced one of your own with a "surprise" everything is not ok - so your body and mind reacts to protect everything else you have to not have that "surprise" happen again - I so so feel for you - I know words can't solve anything you are experiencing - I will call you later
Sweet Amy. Thank you for continuing to be honest in your words - you might not be doing it for the benefit of others, but it helps us pray. I will continue to. God brings you to mind often. Like Laurie, I will pray for Him to flood you with peace.
Post a Comment