Wednesday, May 20, 2009

now on to some fun

Despite what my previous two posts have said about today, there has been a little bit of fun involved thanks to my little guy.

Aunt Kat came to babysit while I went to the doctor today, then the 3 of us met Daddy and Uncle Mark for lunch (Daddy and Uncle Mark happen to work together, conveniently), and then Kat kept me company while Aidan napped. Well, Aunt Kat decided to wear a hat today, and after she left, Aidan would not stop talking about it. "Hat" this and "hat" that. So Mommy pulled out Aidan's hat. After this picture was taken, Aidan insisted on seeing "aid's piktr." Oh, how I wish I could write out how he says that phrase. It's too cute. Anyway, notice the little fingers in the lens of the following picture as he tries to pry the camera out of my hand to see Aidan's picture. (Or those might be my fingers as I try to reclaim the camera. I can't quite tell.)After this, he wanted Mommy to wear a hat. Aidan's hat does not fit on Mommy's head, so Mommy went and got her hat out of the closet. Aidan thought this was the best thing ever. "Mama hat" and "Aidan hat" was all I heard for quite some time as he would point back and forth from my head to his head.

Aidan's favorite squinty smile.

Here's a little bit better smile.

Have I mentioned how thankful I am to have this little guy around? Because I am.

3 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

Hi Amy,

I love these pictures of you and Aidan and your Hat adventures. How could you not smile when this little guy is around. I am thankful for the balance he brings to your life, especially at this time. Praying for a day that is lighter in spirit for you today. Moment by moment Amy, this is how you will get through this.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Anonymous said...

Amy, I am so glad to see your beautiful smiling face. Aidan's smile is so contagious. I like both of your hats. (((HUGS)))

Love, Jessica

Julie Eyler said...

hey amy, this is julie mcinis eyler ... first of all... you have been in my thoughts a ton and i have lifted you up to our Father so much!

second, today is the anniversary of Maria Chapman's home-going.... Steven Curtis Chapman's daughter... I don't konw if you followed any of that last year. but i wanted to send you the link to Maria's mother's blog ( SCC's wife) i just thought it might be good for you to read what another mother thinks during a time when you loose a child....
okay it won't let me copy the link here for some reason. i will try and send it to your facebook...

love ya
and i am continuing to pray for you and your family..
btw aidan is so gorgeous and seems so fun!!!