Never before have I been so thankful for this face. My silly, sweet, and loving Little Man.

But never before have I so desperately grieved this face. My precious Little Levi.

Today was supposed to be a happy day. A day I get to celebrate being the mother of two boys. Instead, I celebrated one and longed for the other.
Aidan was the reason I got up this morning. I really wanted to ignore today, but that's hard to do when you live with a 2 year old. I slept until 10:00 (although that hasn't been unusual this week), and would have stayed in bed longer if Aidan hadn't come running in yelling, "Mama, get up!" and pulled the covers off of me.I spent a lot of the day reflecting. I shared some of these thoughts with Josh and my mom. Earlier in the day, Josh and I drove past a Buddhist temple that's close to our home. It was filled with people. I commented that it was sad that all those people think they're doing and worshiping the right thing, and one day they'll realize that they were wrong. It made me realize that I have a loving God. He understands that I'm hurting and I'm angry right now. He understands that I'm having a hard time turning to Him at the moment. But he hears the prayers of others for me. He hears my heart cry out when I have no words to say. And He stands beside me just waiting. Just waiting for me to fall into His arms and lay all my grief on Him when I am ready to let go. And He won't hold any of this against me. He accepts me for who I am, faults and all.
Levi went from my womb to heaven. He never knew pain (I hope. I like to believe he wasn't in pain when he died). He never knew sadness. He only knew love and comfort. And now he lives in the presence of God. He had a perfect life. I hurt for what could have been. For what I know I'm missing. Holding a baby in my arms. The smell of a newborn. Listening to the coos of an infant. The first smile. The first laugh. The little sighs of contentment. Watching the bonding of brothers take place. I hurt for all that and more. I think I'll hurt for that my entire life. But one day I'll see him again. I look forward to heaven in a way I never have before. Because my baby boy will be waiting there for me, and I will finally get to know him.
Aidan is my joy. My sense of peace in knowing that I'm doing alright as a mother. Today I got hugs. Lots and lots of hugs. Hugs around the neck and hugs around the knees. He got me out of bed because he wanted to be with me. He loves me and I know it. I am a mother, and I have a reason to celebrate today.
10 comments:
oh, amy, i can see God in you SO much! He has blessed you with such a precious little boy in Aidan - and yes, Levi is absolutely beautiful! what a sweet little mouth. i know the pain of holding that precious, still little one before having to let him go. i'm SO glad you posted a picture - you ARE the mother of two little boys. you WILL hold levi in your arms again in heaven. i hope the little joys of today helped ease the sadness. much love, jan
Amy - Levi is absolutely precious. What a beautiful, perfect, little face. I'm glad to know that your sweet Aidan helped you feel how wonderful of a mother you are and that you have much reason to celebrate today.
Amy, Levi is beautiful. So perfect. You are a great mother and I know Adain is blessed to have you in his life. And even though Levi is in the arms of Jesus, like Jan said - you are the mom of two beautiful boys. I am still praying for you daily and thinking about you constantly. (((HUGS)))
Love, Jessica
He is beautiful. This is tearing my heart out. I found your post while visiting my grand baby's post. I did hear about your loss and I have been praying for you ever since. I have never been a mohter just a step mother and I can even feel your pain. I will keep praying for you and my unborn step-grand baby.
Amy,
We have never met- I'm a friend of a friend of yours and ran across your blog. I can only begin to imagine the heartache you are experiencing right now. As a mom, my heart breaks for you and you are in my prayers. Isn't it wonderful- the HOPE- that we have in Christ- that you can KNOW that you will see your sweet baby again and that he is in a perfect place!
Amy,
It's so sweet for me to hear how God is working in your heart through this process. I know it is hard but just like you said He is there, He is always with us. He is loving you through Aidan and others as you know. But thanks for sharing that with us. I have a grandfather in heaven I look forward to seeing again. I bet he's met Levi.
Leslie
While I have not been making comments, I have been reading your blog updates and both Carolyn and I are holding all of you up in our prayers.
Isn't the promise of the resurrection of Christ beautiful? Because He lives you will see sweet Levi again. And you're right- what a beautiful baby!
Oh, my gosh, Amy! How beautiful Levi is! Thank you for posting a picture. My girls are sitting here in my lap and both said, "Oooh, Mommy, look at the cute baby. I just want to tickle him!"
I'm so glad to know that you spent Mother's Day receiving all the hugs Aidan had to give you. You are a great mom, and he wanted to spend the day showing you that you are.
What an awesome God we serve! Despite everything that happens in our lives, He gives us a future and a hope. How reassuring it is to know that because of who He is, you will one day see your beautiful, sweet Levi again.
Love you and keeping you lifted up in prayer,
Undrea
Hi Amy!
What a beautiful little boy sweet Levi is! I am so very sorry for your loss. I am all too aware of the pain that comes from losing a child. I have lost two myself and I know the ONLY peace and joy that can come after losing something so precious comes from Him. I will be praying for him comfort you. Mother's Day is so hard! Thanks for sharing your story!
Post a Comment