
Walking With You was created to offer comfort, encouragement, and hope to grieving families who have lost a child. This week, we are sharing what it will be like the day we are reunited with our precious babies in heaven.
Life has been difficult these past 4 months, but the one thing I hold on to that gets me through this tragic time is the promise that I will again be reunited with my Levi for eternity in heaven. I so look forward to the day that I truly get to meet my son for the first time. I knew him while he grew within me, but he was gone by the time I saw his face. I held the shell of what he had once been in my arms, but I never met his soul.
My image of him constantly changes. Some days I envision him as the baby I saw, swaddled in the arms of my grandmother or my uncle. I like to believe that my family who has gone before me loves on him as I would have. Especially my uncle. It's comforting to me to think that the two of them spend time together-the two members of our family that left too soon. I know my grandmother relishes in loving on her great grandson, and I hope he's being spoiled rotten by her. I am envious of these family members as I long to hold this baby in my arms.
Other days I see him as a little boy, a toddler, playing in the grass. He looks a lot like Aidan in my mind. Probably because his picture reminds me so much of Aidan's baby picture. He has dark brown hair and bright blue eyes. The distinctive characteristic that sets him apart from Aidan is the brow crease he inherited from my dad-his Papa. His smile is contagious and his laughter delights the ears that hear it. I crave watching this little boy play. I want to run in the grass beside him and spend carefree hours with him.
These thoughts bring tears to my eyes. I can't wait to hear my Levi say, "Mama," as he runs into my arms. I can't wait to wrap my arms around his sweet body and hold him tight, never letting him go again. I could never let go twice.
I have put my trust in God to care for my precious boy, and it is in that trust that I survive. I know Levi will be there to greet me the day I arrive at Heaven's gates. It is that day that I will hold in my heart for the remainder of my life here on earth. Heaven means so much more to me now. I've always looked forward to it, but in a way that I can wait until my life here on earth is over. Now I know suffering and pain and grief. Now I long for a life filled with joy and happiness. It has become my determination to live a life glorifing Christ in such a way that the children that do remain on earth with me want the same life and accept Christ as their Savior in order for my entire family to live together for eternity. I want my children to know each and every one of their siblings. I want my children to know God. I want the pain of losing a child too soon to be gone forever.

5 comments:
I completely understand imagining your son in different ways...as a baby, as an older boy. I find myself doing this too sometimes. What's so hard about losing baby before he's born is that, for me anyway, is that I felt all I had to remember him by were images in my imagination - and sometimes those images transcended time and space. He grew up in my mind, then shrank back down.
Beautiful post. Thinking of you and Levi.
Yes, hearing them call out to you and that first embrace. That is a day I look forward to each day.
Thank you so much for joining us this week on Walking With You. This post has meant so much to me...for that reunion day is the longing of my heart and soul. Your post was so beautiful...I too see my babies differently at different times. And, however they will be when they finally fill my arms...I will just feel so grateful that we never have to let go again. We never have to say good-bye again. Oh...the joy that day will hold for all of us who long to hold our sweet babies once more. Your Levi is beautiful, and I'm so blessed to have met him through your lovely blog. Thank you...and please know that we are praying for God's continued comfort and sufficient grace for your precious family...
In His Grace,
Kelly
Your post was very well written. One of the parts that touched me was when you wrote, "I held the shell of what he had once been in my arms, but I never met his soul." That is a very good way to put it. Just missing out on their entire life is really difficult to live with. Your sweet Levi is so handsome and perfect in every way.
God Bless,
Jenny
Dear Amy,
I'm so sorry for your (temporary) loss. I have the same sure hope - the beautiful reunion with my sweet children. I, like you, look forward to meeting my precious boys who died too soon to get to know them. I also look forward to spending eternity with my sweet Anna who I loved and held for over 6 years.
I've done what you do. I've pictured my baby boys in heaven as babies - but usually I picture them as young men - not sure why I do that. I have their young man looks all figured (I wonder if I'm right). :) Anna, I can only picture as a little girl, alternating between about 6 and 10. Perhaps that's because I "knew" her that way. (She was only 6 but mature like an older child).
YOu have a beautiful blog and I'm so glad you signed up for Getting to know YOU. I look forward to featuring your blog.
Have a lovely Sunday.
Lynnette
Post a Comment