I know I'm not blogging much anymore. I find that when I sit down at the computer, I don't have much to say. My life seems to be a lot of the same.
Aidan's still going to school and loving it. Today he learned about the letter B and butterflies. I gave him watercolors when he got home from school, and he loved that too.
Josh and I canceled our cable in order to save a bit of money. Today was the first day we didn't have it, and I found I didn't miss it at all. That might change once the new TV seasons start up though. We don't have a digital box yet either, so we actually can't get any channels at all. Aidan was a bit upset by that when he couldn't watch his Dinosaur Train show today. It's a new show that started on Monday on PBS that he loves. I mean, what's not to love? Dinosaurs AND Trains. Can it get any better? PBS had a 4 hour marathon yesterday, so Josh recorded them all on our DVR. Unfortunately, we didn't realize until this morning that when you don't have cable, you don't have access to your DVR anymore either. Fortunately, I was able to look up this Dinosaur Train show online and Aidan watched it on the laptop. Problem solved.
Josh and I started a Marriage Course at our church last week. It's an 8 week program that we're both looking forward to. We're hoping it'll help us work through problems that have come about since before Levi's death. (Apparently, I wasn't all that pleasant to be around when I was pregnant with him. Who knew?)
I'm still missing Levi very much, but I'm starting to see joy in my days again. Aidan brings a lot of that. I don't think I would be as far along in my grieving process if it weren't for him forcing me to continue on with life. He still needs a mom even when I don't feel like being one.
My sister, brother in law, and nephews are coming to visit for the month of October, and I'm way excited. So is Aidan. He doesn't know what to do without his Aunt Nene, Luke, and Greyson. He likes his Uncle Jonny too; after he warms up to him, that is. Uncle Jonny scares him just a little at first, but then Uncle Jonny becomes fun when the boys get thrown around.
I'm trying to keep busy. I'm not home a lot of days because I have to get away. If I am home, I'm usually stuck in a book or working on some kind of sewing project. I've started selling things I make in order to hopefully bring in a little extra income. We can really use it. So..if you need a nap mat, a crayon roll, a baby blanket, quilted pot holders, or a tote bag, let me know. I'll be glad to assist.
I wish Levi was here.

2 comments:
We haven't had cable for about a year now - there are so many things you can just watch online, so be sure to look up your favorite shows to see when they're coming out and if you can watch them online. I have several different sites that allow you to search several channels: www.fancast.com ; www.hulu.com ; and www.yido.com (not sure about yido - haven't tried that one yet).
If you get to a point where you can handle about $10 or so per month, Netflix is great, too. That's what we use as well, and there's lots of things you can watch online as well as ask for DVD's to be sent to you starting 1 at a time.
Just wanting to help a little. :) Take care.
-Kristin Hope
So, so glad you are starting to see that joy in your days again. :)
Also, I wanted to encourage you about the cable thing. We moved to our new house about 3 years ago now, and we were sooooo busy doing things around the house that we never got our cable hooked up. We realized that 5 months had gone by, and we never even MISSED our TV! You will be surprised at how much more you are able to accomplish--and like the above commenter said, you can watch almost anything online anymore, including (at PBS kids) kids' programs, and at your own convenience! It's a great thing to save lots and lots of money per month/year--it's worked out great for us!
Post a Comment