Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mommy's Smart Cookie

When I picked Aidan up from school today, his teacher told me how smart he is. I've always thought he was, but it's certainly nice to hear it from someone else. She was impressed with the fact that he knows all his animal names, including tarantula-not just spider, mind you. He's been showing off his color skills, too. Now here's the part where I internally laughed -apparently, Aidan picks up on learning his letters of the alphabet from his teacher really quickly because she believes he knows all his letters. Ha! He calls a Y a P half the time. He does know some letters, but certainly not all. However, I am very proud that he is learning them very quickly. Not only is A for apple, but B is for butterfly. That's my smart cookie!

It would be so neat to see him teach everything he's learning to his little brother. Things like this catch me so off-guard at times. I can picture him coming home and telling Levi all about his day just like he tells me. I miss those moments. I miss all the "could have been" moments.

I started putting up my Halloween decorations today. I'm so ready for fall. I love fall. It's always been one of my favorite seasons. That, and spring. I think I just like the in-between weather seasons. It's not too hot or too cold. The rain cooled things off enough for me to hope for pumpkins. I was just going to put out fall decorations, but I had a Halloween applique picture I just made sitting on my sewing desk begging to be displayed, so I obliged. I'll post a picture of it soon. It's way cute. I asked Josh if it was too soon for Halloween, and he said if anyone comments, we'll just tell them we follow the stores' holiday schedule. Too funny.

Halloween would be one of the first of my favorite holidays that Levi would have shared with us. Halloween through Christmas is my favorite time of the year because of all the family festivities celebrated. I had been planning on finding a brother duo costume set for Aidan and Levi this year. I'm sad that I won't be able to. Instead, Aidan will be dressing up with his cousins. I'm glad he at least gets that. He loves his cousins. He would have loved his brother, too.

3 comments:

Mommy & Daddy of 3 boys said...

There's no doubt he is one smart little boy! But it's always nice to hear it from his teacher.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is wonderful when someone else compliments your child. It does your heart good.

Megan said...

And his cousins love Aidan too.

They still ask about Ay-yuh. We have to be careful not to say his name (or Grammy and Papa) bc then the boys run to the door all excited. It's so sad.

I have a picture of your family and Luke has started saying Josh. But he always whispers it. It is the funniest thing.