Sunday, October 4, 2009

My *New* Kitchen Apparel

My parents just got a new kitchen. A "tear the old kitchen down to the studs, and start from scratch" kind of new kitchen. It's beee-u-ti-ful! Take a look...




They have this grand idea to also redo their master bath, take down the wood paneling in the den, and redo the wallpaper in the dining room and front entrance. I might add that they've also already redone the guest bath. I told my mom this is soon to no longer be the childhood home I grew up in.

Ahem. I digress. Because my parents redid their kitchen, I got *new* kitchen toys myself. :) Big smile. They had a fairly new, really nice kitchen sink. Unfortunately, it wouldn't fit with the new granite counter tops they chose. (Tear. Sad day. Granite counter tops.) Therefore, I inherited this beauty. My parents also so graciously bought us a new faucet and built in soap dispenser to go along with this sink. They passed along the water filtration system as well, so we no longer have a mammoth-sized filter do-hickey attached to our faucet. Yay! Check it out...

Notice how much deeper the new sink is! Ok. Maybe you can't really tell from the pictures, but you should know that it is much deeper. You can, however, see that one side is wider than the other side. Makes for handwashing dishes that much easier. Not that I handwash dishes. That's more Josh's job. I hate putting my hands in hot, sudsy, greasy feeling water. I use excema as my excuse. It's a true condition that I really do have, so it's really a good reason.

Now, on to my other wonderful kitchen toy. A *new* oven! Ok, so again, it's not so new. I do believe this is the oven that was present in the house when my parents bought it 25 years ago, so again, not new. However, it's newer than my golden yellow, original to the 1972 house oven. At least this one is black. And it's in perfect working order. My mom just doesn't like have a double oven, so she opted for a single oven that allowed for more counter space. I like the idea of more counter space, but in no near future of ours are we going to be knocking our kitchen down to the studs and starting over, so I make do with what I am so graciously given by my loving parents. The oven isn't actually in the kitchen yet, though. Apparently, it's too heavy for just one person to lift, and is sitting in my garage for the time being. *shrug* Maybe next weekend... But, here's a picture of my current oven. Now just imagine a newer, black oven in it's place. (I'll post the after picture as soon as it's in place.)

I love you, Mom and Dad! Thanks for my new kitchen toys!

4 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Good for you!

Mommy & Daddy of 3 boys said...

Love the new kitchen sink and faucet! You are going to love the water filtration system! Yay for the "new" kitchen!!

Anonymous said...

OH MY! that's your new kitchen? I read that totally wrong! I thought you said your parents got a new kitchen and I was like,"oh nice." but when I saw it was yours my mouth dropped open and I became super excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY for new!!!!!!!

Robin Russell said...

Yeah! Love the sink. Just wanted to tell you that you are not alone with the yellow! Up until a few years ago, we had yellow countertops, a yellow floor, and yellow trim in the living room. EWWWW! And, we had the goldish looking appliances. To be fair, they say it was in style in the 60's. Whatever...it had to go! We have slowly been redoing my childhood home and we are almost done. We now have new countertops, a tile floor, that isn't yellow, and black appliances :) Enjoy your new stuff!