Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Happenings - Part 1

We've filled our time this week with a lot of Halloween preparation activities, and we've had a blast getting them all done.

On Tuesday evening, we carved our pumpkin, or rather, Josh carved our pumpkin while Aidan and I watched. At least Aidan helped scoop out the pulp. I just sat back with both the still camera and the video camera enjoying watching the two of them work.


Watching Daddy trace the outline of what is soon to be our jack-o-lantern.


Getting ready to scoop out the pulp.

Carving the face.

It's Mickey Mouse! Can you tell Aidan is excited? He's recently taken on a great love of all things Mickey Mouse.

On Wednesday, we took Aidan to The Heights for their fall carnival. I, unfortunately, forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures to show of that event. We met up with my friend Melanie and her family. All the games were board game themed, so Aidan played Chutes and Ladders, Ants in my Pants, Candy Land, and others. They also had a petting zoo complete with a cow and llama. Aidan's favorite part were all the bounce houses.

On Thursday, Aidan's school held a Trunk or Treating event for the kids. I had signed up to host a trunk. However, due to the rain, we had to move inside the building. I turned a Styrofoam cooler into a treasure chest, and then decorated accordingly. A yellow sheet for sand, an anchor cut from poster board and wrapped in foil, Aidan's foam swords, a bucket, shovel, and several starfish surrounded the treasure chest.

Aidan collecting candy with his classmates.

Mommy and Aidan. He makes such a cute little wizard!


On Friday, Josh had a costume contest at his work. He had asked me if putting glitter on his face was enough to qualify him for a Twilight vampire. I said no, went to the store, and purchased a wig and face paint, along with the glitter. I told him to shave off his facial hair (his grows so fast, it'll be back by the time he returns to work on Monday). I put white paint on his face to make him look pale (or paler, as it is), blue paint under his eyes and cheek bones for shadows, and then covered his face, neck, and hands with shimmer gel. Take a close look at the picture to see the shimmer. And, tada, we have Edward! He tied for first place with this costume. Go me!


Also on Friday, my dear sweet friends, Susan and Susan, decided to provide entertainment for me on the 6 month anniversary of Levi's passing. I was informed I wasn't to sit at home and mope, therefore, we all met at Susan's apartment for some fun and laughter.
I was presented with yellow roses for Levi.


Here's where explanations might get confusing as both my friends possess the same name. :)

The owner of the apartment, Susan L, bought pumpkins and Mr. Potato Head (or Mr. Pumpkin Head in this case) pirate pieces for us to decorate those pumpkins with. Here you see Susan B (not the owner of the apartment) and myself performing some major surgeries on our pumpkins while our children, Aidan and Samuel, sit in our laps "helping."


Susan B, Samuel (hiding behind the pumpkin), and their finished creation.


Susan L, Mia, and their completed pumpkin.



Aidan, me, and our put together pirate.



Ta Da!!

3 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The pirate pumpkins are so cute.
How sweet to receive the roses.
Love your little Wizard and what a great job they did on the Mickey pumpkin! So glad that you stayed busy. ((HUGS FOR LEVI))

Aim said...

glad you had such a great weekend!
So nice to have friends that get it and make it known that they get it. Thinking of you often!!!

R said...

I'm glad you were surrounded by friends and fun on such a difficult day. And I must say, I'm very impressed with the pumkin and I love Aiden's costume :)