Friday, October 30, 2009

Six Months

Six months. Half a year. 26 weeks. 183 days. It's hard for me to believe that much time as already passed since the day I lost my son. It seems as if it only happened a few days ago. Time flies, I suppose.

Six months is such a milestone mark. I can imagine him sitting up and attempting to crawl in order to keep up with his big brother. I can envision the laughter that would ensue from watching his big brother's antics. I can see Aidan try to take on that big brother role as he helps Mommy with his baby brother. But alas, none of it is to be. It is all to live forever in my head, never to come to fruitation. And that is a hard reality to face.

My Dearest Son,
I'll never understand why you left all too soon. A mother should never bury her child. My heart hurts for you. I miss you. I love you.

2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Keeping you in my prayers.

Jess said...

Hi Amy,
I've commented some before, and have been following your blog for a while. I wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and praying for God to bring you comfort as you cross this sixth month milestone. I can't believe I am almost there too, it's strange the tricks time can play on us. For me it seems like time has gone both quickly and slowly at the same time. I wish you could hear Levi laughing at his big brother! ((HUGS))