Thursday, August 20, 2009

Walking Through the Fire

Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by your name;
You are Mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.
For I am the Lord your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;

Isaiah 43:1b-3a

Lord,
I'm walking through the fire and I'm trusting you to pull me through. I'm drowning and I don't know how much longer I can hold on, so I beg you to hold on to me. Carry me through this storm of grief. Show yourself to me and let me know you care. My heart is heavy and I want to trust you, but I'm still so angry. I don't understand. Please just protect my heart from shattering any more.

1 comment:

Fireflyforever said...

Amy,

I hope He hears you. I am inspired by those around me who can still pray, even if the words are angry. I feel venomous towards God and I haven't prayed for a long time. I miss it. Connecting with babyloss mamas who are walking this path and searching out their faith as they go helps. It stops me severingt he connection completely.