Yesterday, Josh and I, along with Josh's parents, took Aidan to his very first circus. I had started talking to him about what a circus is a few days ago as he played with his Backyardigans circus toy (thanks, Aunt Nene!). When he woke up Saturday morning, Josh told him we were going to the circus that day. Unfortunately, Aidan doesn't understand the concept of time yet, so I personally felt it was a little cruel of Josh to do that since we weren't leaving until 3:00 pm. We spent most of yesterday morning explaining to Aidan that we would go to the circus after he woke up from his nap. Aidan loves to go to the library, so Josh thought he would kill some time by taking him there, however, Aidan got upset when Mommy wasn't getting in the car because Mommy needed to go to the circus too. We again had to explain that it wasn't time to go to the circus yet and he was going to look at books at the library. *sigh*
When we finally got to the circus, Aidan wanted to walk all by himself. He did not want to be carried, and kept getting caught up in everything going on around us, so it took us awhile to get inside, but once inside, I discovered our seats were on the 4th row. We could see everything!
Aidan taking it all in.
Beginning of the show.
At this point, Aidan decided to sit on the floor to watch. Afterwards, on the way to the car, I discovered that the floor of the American Airlines Center is FILTHY, not that I expected it to be clean or anything, I just didn't expect it to make the backside of my son's pants black. Maybe I shouldn't have dressed my 2 year old boy in white pants though.
Josh enjoyed these guys the most. They bounced around and did all sorts of flips on those rubber wheel thingies.
Sitting with Grandpa and enjoying a 7up. Normally, I don't allow my child to have soda, but I guess it's alright for his grandparents to spoil him a bit.
Family photo. P.S. Carolyn, I seem to have not gotten a picture of all of us, so can I have a copy of your picture please?
Aidan liked the tiger show.
Aidan liked the tiger show.
There were people sitting in front of us that had sno-cones, and Aidan decided he really wanted one, so he kept pointing at them and saying, "Snoo-coone." (imagine in a 2 year olds whiny voice). Grandpa gave in and bought one for Aidan (remember that thing about be spoiled by grandparents...). Josh complained and reminded his parents that he never got sno-cones when he was a kid. They said that when he was a kid they didn't have the money to buy anything extra, but now that they do, they don't have any kids, so they might as well spend it on grandkids. So far, Aidan is the only living grandchild, so looks like it's all coming his way. :)
Playing peek-a-boo with Daddy.
Clapping along with the rest of the audience.
Elephant show. 
Aidan's favorite part was the elephants. He kept telling me how big they were. This is the closest he's ever been to a live elephant. 
The finale.
Confetti was sprayed during the finale. 
Aidan enjoyed catching as much confetti as possible and then throwing it back into the air.
1 comment:
Aunt Nene is so jealous!! It looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment