After printing out those forms, I read a paragraph that stated, "If a Certificate of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth is requested and a parent did not wish to provide a name on the state death record at the time or completion, the Certificate of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth will be issued with the name "Baby Boy" or "Baby Girl" and the last name of the parent. If a parent wishes to have the name added or make any changes to the Certificate....Stillbirth, the state death record will need to be amended in order to make the desired changes."
According to that, it would appear that Levi does indeed have a death certificate, even though no one told me about it. I even thought I remembered asking and being told no. I also began to think that his name wouldn't be on it because I don't remember telling anyone what his name was. Anyway, Josh called the Texas Vital Statistics Office who told him to call the funeral home, and sure enough, Levi's death certificate was filed on June 6th under his name by the funeral home. They had his name because of his funeral, obviously.
Now I just have to request a copy of his death certificate and mail in the form for his Certificate of Birth resulting in Stillbirth, and I'll have what I wanted. My son will be known by future generations.
No comments:
Post a Comment