Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Oatmeal Cookies

I stole an idea from a friend's book today and decided Aidan and I would spend our morning baking oatmeal cookies. He LOVED it. I measured out all the ingredients and let him pour them into the bowl. He got upset when I cracked the eggs because I didn't let him do that part. I just didn't think a 2 1/2 year old was quite up to the challenge of successfully cracking eggs and dropping them into the bowl rather than on the the floor. He took the mixer out of my hand and wanted to do that part all by himself. The only part he didn't like was rolling the dough into balls. He has inherited his father's dislike of anything sticky, dirty, or gross feeling on his hands, so I did that part mostly by myself. I think his favorite part of all was eating the cookies at the end. He kept going back for more. I ended up having to take the cookies off the cooling rack before they were completely cool in order to prevent my child from over eating on cookies. He certainly has developed his mother's sweet tooth. :)

3 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How cute. You have a kitchen helper. Love the pictures.

Megan said...

Does Aidan have a baby?

Cute. I will have to do that.

Everyday my boys ask for Aay-yah. Right after they ask for Papa and kitties. I wish they could get together sooner.

Amanda said...

I'm so glad he enjoyed it! Isn't it great to take time, slow down and just bake cookies with your child? I'm sure he'll remember it for a long time!