Friday, July 10, 2009

Time to Brag

I guess it was a little over a week ago that I posted about possibly starting a diet. Well, I went ahead and started it. And it's not so much a diet as it is just watching what I eat and writing everything down in a food journal (because my counselor wanted me to and wants to see it. It also contains goals and other stuff). It's amazing what change a food journal will cause. When you have to admit what you're putting in your body, you really stop to think about it first. I've also pretty much cut out all breads. I make lettuce wraps instead of sandwiches, and any pasta is whole grain. Anyway, when I stepped on the scale this morning, it revealed that in just about a week and a half, I had managed to lose 5 pounds. Go me! I was very thrilled. I now weigh less than I did when I got pregnant with Levi (since I had already lost all 35 pregnancy pounds. The loss of appetite for the first 2-3 weeks after he died contributed to that). My ultimate goal is to weigh what I did when Josh and I first got married, so only 15 more to go. (yes, marriage and babies really do add on the pounds) I've given myself until October to get there.

Why October, you ask?
Because that's what my sister picked. I think it has to do with her coming back to Dallas for the month of October because Jonathan's next away rotation is here in Dallas. Yay! I really do enjoy seeing my sister and nephews all the time, so I miss them when they're at home in Katy. Anyway, I'm not really sure why October, but that's what has been decided and I'm sticking to it.

But my counselor was right. Losing some weight has really made me feel better about myself, so I can't wait to see how I'll feel once I reach my goal. Ok, I'm done bragging about my 5 pound weight loss now.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats on the weight loss. Weight Watchers has a saying, "If you bite it, Write it" It does work. Perhaps I should start a food diary too, I have a couple (or 50) pounds to lose and I need inspiration!
-Amanda from Wylie Moms

Dana Lynne said...

Awesome job!!! Okay, I should keep a food journal...I still have 25 or 30 to my goal weight...but perhaps I'll have the same goal of 15 by October - sounds like a nice number :) Thanks for the inspiration, Amy! Keep up the great work!!!

Anonymous said...

I know I already told you this, but you looked great when I saw you today! Congrats on the five pounds! I think a food diary is a great idea. Accountability, even to yourself, is always helpful. :)

Mommy & Daddy of 3 boys said...

Awesome! A food journal is a great way to keep track of what you are eating. It's amazing the difference it make with just changing what you eat. Add some exercise to that and then watch those pounds disappear!

Heather said...

Way to go!!! You looked great when we ran into each other last week! That's awesome!!

Megan said...

YAY for five pounds!!!!