Saturday, July 11, 2009

Happy Birthday to me

Today is my birthday, and I really kind of wish it wasn't. This is highly unusual for me. I typically harass Josh for weeks on end about what he's getting me or if he has any surprise plans in mind, and leave hints out around the house of things he could buy for me. Not this year though. I could hardly come up with any ideas of things I wanted when he asked. Don't ask me why, but 27 seems to be a depressing age. It seems so much closer to 30 than 26 did. And now I'm a whole year behind on my perfect family plan. I'm supposed to have 2 living, breathing children right now. I'll be 28 before I can get there. Mom says I should still celebrate me, but I'm just not feeling very celebratory today.



I ran across this picture on my computer the other day. This was my 21st birthday. Josh, me, Megan, Jonathan, and my brother Brian in my parents' kitchen. Before marriage and before kids. Things were so much simpler back then.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Amy. I know what you mean. I turn 30 this Dec. and I feel it creeping up on me! I'm a planner too, and sometimes life just doesn't go according to plan. Of course you know that deeply. But you don't know what is right around the corner. Enjoy this birthday because it's the only 27 you'll ever get!

Fireflyforever said...

Happy birthday Amy. I know my last birthday, I just headed out for a meal with hubby. I couldn't face anything or anyone else at all.

I hope you manage in some small way to do as your mum said and celebrate you.

Monica said...

I totally get that. Happy birthday though. Older and wiser!

Mimzy said...

I celebrate you, Amy ~ your heart, your life, your smile~ all of you! 27 is still so young! You are a beautiful lady and I love you! Patti