Today is the 3 month anniversary of his death. It's been a tough week, but today isn't so bad. I believe my anticipation of today made my week hard, but now that today is here, it's just another day.
I have been challenged greatly this week. I just finished up the last week of the Beth Moore Bible study I started shortly after Levi died, and in it, I was convicted. Let me share a quote:
"One of the dearest treasures in your darkness will be the God-song He will give you if you'll receive it. To stand in the presence of the Lord when you'd rather go to bed and never get up, and to praise Him in the night when taunting voices tell you to curse Him-these things are nothing less than a battle cry of victory."
Umm...wow. Talk about talking straight to my heart. Wanting to go to bed and never getting up? Wanting to yell at God rather than praise Him? Can we say this was written specifically for me? I haven't praised God in the last 3 months. I haven't worshipped God in the past 3 months. I stand in church and refuse to sing because it hurts too much. How can I praise someone who could have stopped the death of my child but chose not to? But this quote woke me up. It made me realize that Satan wants me to feel this way. He wants me to be so angry at God that I never praise Him again. He's using my pain to pull me away from my Savior, and I need to fight against it, even if I don't feel like it.
In the concluding video, Beth Moore talked about Psalm 84:1-7, but verse 7 really stuck with me. "They go from strength to strength till each appears before God in Zion." We are not expected to have all the strength we'll ever need in a lifetime at once. We cannot look at another person and say, "I could never do that." The grace of God will always be there for the next situation with a new supply of strength. That's the only way I'm making through my current situation. God has given me the necessary strength and is helping pull me through, and I'm just now recognizing this. The Bible tells us that we will go through times of sorrow and there is a time for tears. My time is now. Hopefully this means that this is it for me, but we're not promised that either. I just know that God will give me strength again if and when I need it.
5 comments:
It is SO GOOD that you are recognizing the source of these feelings is Satan. He can really do some work, can't he? But you are obviously seeing truth...that God does love you, even despite these awful horrendous circumstances...and His strength is sufficient when we have none left. Cling to that. It is going to take a long time...but you will make it through this, I promise!
If I can do anything....
I've been thinking about you a lot today! Big Hugs!!!!
I've been praying for a breakthrough for you, Amy. You are getting one, that is for sure. God's mercies are new every morning; when you seek Him with all your heart, you find Him. Too bad we can't be born at 90 and work our way back so we will have all the wisdom we acquire in life's trials. Satan does whisper in our ear and we have to be on guard. "Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world."
Keep up the faith. He loves you so much. Susan
remember this: "it won't get easier - you will just get stronger." still thinking of you and praying. jan
wow - you asked in a previous post how you were inspiring people. THAT is inspiring and SO, so true. And your honesty inspires too - not everyone can be so honest. I love that you don't think you can handle something, but that God GIVES you the grace to handle it at that time. Glory to God through you Amy! Prayers, girl!
Post a Comment