I ran across this song by Casting Crowns today, and the words really touched me. I still have a hard time praising God considering the storm that I'm currently going through. I refuse to sing worship at church, almost out of spite sometimes. It just hurts too much to sing words of praise and love when my heart is so broken and torn-when I feel so alone and afraid. But this song is a reminder that no matter how angry I am at Him, my God is still the same God He was before Levi died. It's a reminder that He has been beside me through this whole journey and will contine to be there always. That He doesn't allow me to stumble around in the dark alone, but walks it with me, holds me up, and weeps with me. He does give. He gave me 9 precious months with my Levi. But He also allows things to be taken away. I've always known this. Always. It just never became a reality to me before. I never understood the extent to what could be taken away. And even though He ultimately allowed Levi to be taken away, He's not to blame. I realize this fact, but I still struggle with it. I still think, "But He could have stopped it if He really wanted to." Listen, and take refuge with me.
I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
I lift my eyes up to the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes up to the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
2 comments:
I struggle with the same things. The church we're going to sings traditional hymns which aren't as hard for me to sing as the praise songs though they can still get me choked up. They're having a contemporary service this Sunday so we'll see how the praise and worship time goes. I have Praise You in this Storm on my Levi's song playlist and even though I'm not at the point that I can praise God for the storm (and that'll probably never happen) it's still been a good reminder to praise him in the midst of the storm.
I love this song. I'm glad you found some comfort and a message in it. You inspire me everyday! I'm so glad we've become friends!
Post a Comment