Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Fourth!

Let me start this out by saying I am incredibly mad at myself for forgetting my camera last night. I don't have any pictures to remember Aidan's first time to see fireworks by. The past two years, we haven't gone to see fireworks because of Aidan's bedtime, but this year we decided to let him stay up a bit past his bedtime (about 3 hours past his bedtime that is :/ ).

Our ABF's fellowship for the month of July consisted of going to a friend's house for dessert and a firework show. Now, this was not your typical backyard firework show. This was an hour long show of some of the best fireworks I've seen in a long time. Aidan loved it. He sat back on my lap, watched the entire thing, and talked non-stop about the "wire-woks up dere" while pointing to the sky. He also got to participate with sparklers (Daddy helped him hold it, of course), and got upset when it burned out. He wanted us to relight it. He got to throw poppers on the ground as well. He liked to throw full handfuls all at once even though I tried to get him to throw one at a time in order to make them last longer. Oh well, at least he enjoyed himself, right?

So, yes, I really wish I had pictures of last night so I could share the fun with all and for the benefit of my scrapbook, but alas, I don't. There's always next year...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like yall had a really good time. Hopefully someone there with yall got some pics. The sparklers are always a huge hit for Dawson. Glad Aidan had fun.

Love, Jessica