Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Please just pray

I've been hurt. Over the past two days things have been said and done that have really cut me to the core. The part that hurts the most is that they were all done by family. But it's left me angry. Some of it is irrational anger, but I'm still angry. Sadly, these people probably have no idea that they've hurt me. I post this for no other reason than to ask you to pray for me. Pray that this hurt does not affect my relationship with them and that it can be taken from my heart with minimum damage done. Pray that I can move past this and forgive. Pray that my fragile heart won't be so sensitive to others' thoughtless words and actions. Pray that my anger is removed before I say or do something rash. Please just pray.

6 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh, sweet friend... Praying!

Unknown said...

Amy,

I'm so sorry you are hurting. I got out the scripture books we made the other night and found Colossians 3:13.

So, I am praying that you will be able to bear with those that have hurt you and forgive whatever grievances they have caused...forgiving at the Lord forgave you.

Much love,
Mel

Fireflyforever said...

My prayers are not what they once were, Amy. But I promise I'll try.

I have found the anger to be one of the hardest and most unexpected parts of my grief journey. It still has the capacity to flare up now, nine months out.

Devin said...

I'm sorry you are hurting today Amy....I am praying everyday, but I'll make sure to say a few extra today.

R said...

I'm so sorry. Things always seems to hurt the most coming from family & friends. I'm still working on moving past comments so it doesn't ruin the relationship because you're right- words can easily put a wedge in beween people. I need to spend more time in prayer for those people myself- thank you for the reminder :) Sometimes I tend to just avoid interactions rather than address my feelings, that doesn't end up helping anyone in the long run.

Amanda said...

Amy, how are you feeling? I know you mentioned you've had a rough week, and I was hoping things are turning around (even if just a bit)
-Amanda