Saturday, March 19, 2011

Surprise!

Josh's 30th birthday is this coming Monday, so last night, I took him out to dinner for his birthday. My parents watched the kids, and when we returned to get them, Josh was surprised by a house full of friends and family waiting to celebrate his birthday.
Josh's reaction

Aidan ran to the entry way and yelled, "Surprise!" before Josh ever made it all the way into the living room.

It was a beautiful day yesterday, so most of the party was spent outside under my parents gazebo while the kids played with the car, scooter, and wagon on the driveway.



 Since it was Spring Break, Mom was home and I was able to spend all day at her house getting ready for the party. I made salsa, guacamole (that didn't last very long), and two kinds of cupcakes - peanut butter icing on chocolate brownie (those were a huge hit) and white cake with chocolate chip cookie dough inside and buttercream icing.

Leslie and Monica


Some of the kiddos playing

Josh and Aidan now have the same shoes
The party was a success. Josh was genuinely surprised, and told me afterwards how much it meant for everyone to participate in making his birthday special. I love you, Josh!

2 comments:

Jo said...

The picture of you and Josh in front of the cupcakes is great. Happy birthday to Josh.

Megan said...

cute cupcakes!!! Jude wishes he could have eaten one. or two.