I was originally planning to wait until the day Quinn turned 6 months old (which would be next Saturday) to start feeding him solid foods, but this week he's been watching me eat, opening his mouth whenever I put food in my mouth, and wanting to nurse non-stop, so I decided he's ready to eat. This morning, I smashed up an avocado, mixed it with a little formula (you know, since hundreds of free samples were mailed to me, and this child abhors the taste of formula, and I have to do something with it because I can't just throw it away), and gave Quinn his first taste of solids.
 |
| First bite |
 |
| Maybe I like this stuff. |
 |
| Then again, maybe not. |
 |
| Another bite |
 |
| Mom, what are you doing to me? |
 |
| Seriously, stop. |
Regardless of his facial expressions, Quinn willingly opened his mouth for each and every bite, and swallowed it all. There was a point where he simply held the food in his mouth rather than swallowing it, but eventually, he swallowed it. He didn't eat much, and happily went back to nursing afterwards, but I froze the leftovers, and we'll try again tomorrow. I didn't expect him to like it the first few times anyway.
3 comments:
what a fun milestone!
super cute! maybe you will let me feed him soon. i just love feeding babies food!!! so fun! that's the one thing i can remember hating to share about my babies.
So exciting!!!
Post a Comment