My sister complains if I don't update my blog every couple of days or so. Apparently, it's been 5 days since I last updated. You'd think she had nothing better to do than browse the internet all day, so this is for you, Megan.
Nothing extremely exciting has happened lately, hence the reason for not updating my blog. Aidan and I decorated our back patio with sidewalk chalk the other day. We had a lot of fun, and now Aidan runs to the back door daily saying, "Chak, chak," or whatever his version of the word chalk is. It was a bit difficult for me to get down on the ground and draw with him though. I'll probably enjoy it more this summer when I don't have a big belly in the way. I meant to take pictures, but never got around to it. Now it's too cold and windy to go outside. I'm really not liking Texas weather this spring. These cold fronts need to stop coming through. Thankfully, it'll be warm by Easter so we can enjoy our Easter egg hunt. Although, rain is predicted for next Sunday. I'm praying it holds out until after our Easter festivities.
Josh has been in California on a mission trip since Saturday and will return home on Wednesday. You can read his version here: http://www.tomsprayer.blogspot.com/. I think he's having more fun this week than I am. It's been a long week so far for Aidan and me. Well, maybe just me. It's difficult being the only parent of a 2 year old, especially being 8 months pregnant. I don't think it would be so hard if I wasn't so tired and worn out all the time. The days are fine, but Aidan is going through a "I don't want to go to bed phase" at night now. He gets up numerous amounts of times for up to 2 hours a night. Sometimes it's only once, other times it's too many to count. So it's become a battle of wills. His against mine. And we've both been labeled stong willed individuals, so it's not a pretty battle. Saturday night we slept at my parents' house because I don't like being in an empty house at night. Aidan went to bed with no problems. An hour later, he was awake and the battle began. I had informed my parents of this phase prior to Saturday night, but I don't really think they understood the extent of it until they saw it themselves. It went on for so long that I finally ended up crawling into bed with Aidan to get him to stay him bed. Around 1 am, when I was sure he was sound asleep, I moved to my brother's bed. Sunday, we both took long naps. Needless to say, I'll be glad when Josh returns home to help me with some of these parenting fun times.
I have plans to dye Easter eggs with Aidan sometime this week. I'm trying to decide if I want to brave it by myself tomorrow or wait until Josh gets home. We shall see.
1 comment:
i have a lot of better things to do than browse the internet... i just like to browse the internet.
p.s. jon's off on friday!!!
Post a Comment