Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Big Brother

On Sunday, Aidan acknowledged the fact that I have a baby in my tummy for the first time. I don't know what made him finally decide it was worth paying attention to, but we were talking about his baby brother and how he's going to get to meet him soon, and Aidan lifted up my shirt and started patting my tummy. He then leaned down and talked to it and said, "Hi, baby," while waving. He gave me a big grin, and then pulled my shirt down. It was the cutest thing!! He's been doing this at least once a day, if not more, since then. In fact, Saturday night at church, he attempted to lift my dress in order to say hi to his little brother. I had to say no to that one.

This morning, he was spending some time talking to Levi when he leaned down and gave him a kiss. I didn't tell him to or say anything about kisses. He just leaned down and kissed my tummy. At that point, I had to go get the camera and ask him to do it again. Keep in mind this will not be the best of pictures considering the angle I'm coming from, but I still felt the need to document it.

Who knows if Aidan understands that this baby will be coming out of my tummy to live with us, but I'm treasuring what he does understand. Little Man will be a great Big Brother.

4 comments:

kat said...

SO cute!!!! Can't wait to see him be a big brother! Sidenote: does he have a big brother tshirt yet?

Megan said...

love it.

Laura Kelley said...

Hey Amy! Just read Susan's forward that you'll be delivering tomorrow! Praying for ya girl. I know that's crazy and nerve-wracking. Can't wait to meet the new little one!

Aidan WILL be a wonderful big brother! (I love your blogging honesty throughout - inspires me to get back to blogging. ;))

The McGrew Crew said...

So sweet!! Aidan will be a great big brother!

Just figured out you had a blog and wanted to check it out! Look forward to hearing about Levi's arrival!

Haley McGrew
http://themcgrewcrew.blogspot.com