Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Ambien=Manna
It has officially been confirmed that ambien is a miracle drug sent straight to earth from heaven much like manna was sent to earth from heaven. Manna provided nutrition and sustenance in order for the Israelites to survive their long travels in the desert. Ambien provides rest and sanity in order for me to survive my trek through pregnancy. It is simply a matter of walking into the OB office, looking at the doctor, and saying, "I'm not sleeping and I hurt all over," to which he replies, "Would you like me to prescribe you some ambien?" The automatic response is then, "Yes, please," and the magical prescription pad appears and in a matter of a few short minutes, you have God's miracle in your hand. Seriously. I was given this medication last Thursday, and I have now had 5 glorious nights of sleep. I can function again. I no longer hurt all over (now don't get me wrong, I still have back pain. It doesn't make it all go away, but now it's managable). I'm able to cook and clean again, and not feel like such a dead beat wife and mother. It's still difficult to get down on the floor to Aidan's level, but I can play with him more, and I know he appreciates having more of his mama back. And we can even go run errands without my feeling like I'm going to pass out and die before I make it back home to my couch/bed. Plus my blood pressure has come down. (It was elevated last week. I didn't post about it because I was too afraid putting it in writing would make it stick and I'd somehow have to survive 6 weeks of bed rest with a 2 year old). Sleep is a wonderful thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment