I did some research today, and found some more information that has lifted my spirits some. I have what's called polyhydramnios. This occurs when the amniotic fluid in the uterus is above 25 cm. Mine is at 34.9 cm. Polyhydramnios only occurs in about 2% of pregnancies (2 out of every 100). Of those 2%, 20% are diabetics. Now here's the encouraging part, polyhydramnios patients with diabetes have fewer complications from it than polyhydramnios patients without diabetes. This is because with diabetes, they typically know the cause and can treat and correct it. Once my blood glucose levels are below 95, my amniotic fluid should start decreasing and this will hopefully slow Levi's growth as well. If I can get to this point, I believe I can carry Levi for another 4 weeks, which would be ideal.
I still have a lot of questions for my doctor on Monday, but I'm trusting God on this one. I can do nothing more than monitor my glucose levels and pray. Levi is an active, healthy baby. He's just big. I'm focusing on that. I'm focusing on Aidan too. I can do more for Aidan than I can for Levi at this point, and Aidan needs me to be a commited mother. Plus, he's been extra sweet today for some reason. All day long, he has randomly run up to me to give me a hug or blow kisses to his mama. I love this little boy. Without knowing it, he's given me exactly what I needed today.
1 comment:
Don't forget to write down all your questions for the doctor! Good luck tomorrow i'll be praying for you! -Kat
Post a Comment