Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Penguin

The other night I told Josh I feel like a penguin. He didn't get it. I turned to Aidan and told him I feel like a penguin. Aidan said, "Wad, wad." (translation=waddle, waddle) He got it. Josh told me I don't waddle like a penguin. I think he was lying. How can I not waddle around the house with a potential 8+ pound baby in my belly? It's ridiculous looking really. I'd like to be graceful again.

I made it 8 1/2 months without any swelling. I really thought I just might make it to the end this time around. Saturday evening, I could still get my wedding ring on and off my finger. Sunday morning, I couldn't. I woke up and realized my finger was throbbing because my ring was beginning to cut off the circulation to my ring finger. Lotion didn't work to get it off. Josh told me to ice it and elevate it. That didn't work either. Then he got on the internet and started looking up rememdies. None of those worked. We headed out to church with my ring still stuck on my finger. I cried on the way there because my finger hurt so bad. At this point, my finger was turning purple. I started thinking I was going to have to have the ring cut off. That made me cry more. In the middle of the church service, I decided I couldn't take it anymore. I gobbed lotion all over my finger and pried. As hard as I could. It hurt. Bad. But it came off. My skin on my finger is finally not sore today. It was red and raw for the past two days.

Now for my feet. They're not so bad. Just at night after I've been on my feet all day. Perhaps I should use that as an excuse to lay in bed/couch and watch movies/tv all day. Sounds good to me. Except for a little something called Aidan. He wouldn't like that much. Guess I'm going to have to put up with swollen ankles and feet in the evenings for a few more weeks. At least my hubby is kind enough to rub my feet for me in the evenings.

Speaking of hubby, he makes fun of me when I have a hard time rolling over in bed at night or getting up off the couch or picking things up off the floor. I don't appreciate it. (We're back to the "I wish I was graceful again" part. In fact, one night while getting off the couch, his exact words were, "You're so graceful." He got an evil look for that comment.) About a month ago, I told him I was going to go buy him a pregnancy belly so he could understand. He didn't like that idea. I did.

Little man is calling for lunch. I guess I should waddle off and go make it.

1 comment:

Megan said...

waddle waddle waddle.

i love penguins. they're so cute.