Monday, November 9, 2009

Meeting Max

Last night, Josh and I took dinner to Chris and Monica, and spent some time visiting with Max. Aidan and Abbey played, or rather, fought over the same toy, but I guess that's what two 2 year olds will do. Aidan was extremely interested in Max. He told Max to be happy when he cried and would bring him his pacifier. He really wanted to hold him, too, so I allowed Aidan to sit next to me with Max on both our laps. Aidan just patted his head and was really gentle with him. He's going to make a good big brother some day.

Chris took some pictures and sent them to us, so here they are. Chris also got some just Aidan shots that I think turned out pretty cute. Being there was not as hard as I expected. Sure, I was wishing it was Levi who was curled up on my chest asleep. Yes, I wanted it to be me who got to nurse a crying baby. I most certainly wanted Aidan to be holding his baby brother. But I did it. I held him without falling apart. And one day, that will be me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

speechless! so happy for you! why do I feel you are improving and i am falling backwards? ;)

Ms. Sarah said...

so proud of you. Your son is such a cutie.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That was a brave step, I'm proud of you. ((HUGS))

Malory said...

I know how very hard that must of been for you. One of my best friends was due 10 days after me. She has her precious little boy & we are here w/o Janessa. It is very hard to deal with.