Helping Daddy put the beads around the tree.
Our Christmas TreeAs much as I love Christmas, I'm a little bit fearful of it this year. On one hand, it will be so much fun to watch the joy in Aidan's eyes as he understands all that is going on for the first time. But, for me, Christmas is about family, and I fear that Levi's absence will be profoundly noticed. This should be his first Christmas, but he's not here to share it with us, and this saddens me.
The other day, as my mom and I were shopping for Christmas shirts for Aidan, Luke, and Greyson, I unknowingly stumbled into the baby section. A section filled with Christmas outfits I should be able to buy this year. Instead, I left empty handed and with tears in my eyes. I had to ask my mom to not go in anymore baby stores. His death still seems so senseless to me.
A friend bought this ornament for Levi this year. She collects this line for her daughter who passed several years ago, so this year, she included Levi. Thank you, Suzie. I'm so touched.
I received this ornament in the mail today from one of my blogging friends. She made one for her daughter and thought of Levi as well. It is a good reminder to me of where Levi lives. He's not here to celebrate Christmas with me, but he has the honor of celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ with Jesus himself. Thank you, Jess.
I finally managed to finish all of our Christmas stockings. Josh's and Aidan's were complete last year, but I never finished mine. I remember having the plan to go ahead and make 2 stockings last year - one for me and one for the baby to come. I never got to make that second one..jpg)
2 comments:
One of my friends from the support group I went to shared what she does each year for Christmas and I really liked the idea so we copied her last year. We got a little stocking for Levi (I found some in stores that I wasn't totally in love with and then talked my mom into crocheting one) and on Christmas morning (or you could do Eve) we sat down and wrote letters to Levi. You can then keep those letters in the stocking year after year if you like. The stocking may not be filled with gifts but it will be filled with your love for Levi.
Your tree and stockings look great! I wish I wasn't so behind this year, I hope we get to put up the tree this weekend, but I need to do more housework first!:) I'm so glad you liked your ornament! It's fun for me to see it hanging on your tree.
Post a Comment