Yesterday, I decided to introduce Aidan to the wonders of modge podge to break up our day. I found the cutest little turkey votive candle holders from the
Family Fun website, so we made a trip to Hobby Lobby to pick up the few items I didn't already have at home, and immediately started our project. Aidan kept asking me where the turkey cake was as we walked around Hobby Lobby. I guess he thought since we were making turkery candles, it needed a turkey cake to go along with it.

Here Aidan is sticking pieces of tissue paper to the votive holder. He wasn't too sure about this modge podge stuff. He kept telling me it was sticky, and didn't really want to touch it.
.jpg)
I ended up gluing most of the tissue paper down as Aidan didn't want to touch it, but when it came time to put the eyes, beak, and wattle on, he was all over it - especially the eyes. He chose blue beads for the eyes, and was an absolute perfectionist about putting them on the little gobs of glue. They had to be facing the same direction and perfectly in the middle of the glue. It was really cute.
.jpg)
I made a variation on the instructions, and instead of using tissue paper to make the tail feathers, I had Aidan glue actual feathers to his turkey. I don't remember why I originally bought these feathers, but they have been in my craft box for years, so I might as well use them.
.jpg)
Aidan with his finished turkey.
Here's an up-close view of the turkey we made. We made two of these. I put a battery operated votive light inside because I just knew little man wouldn't leave it alone, and I was right. :) He would have burned his little fingers by now.
6 comments:
That is awesome! I'm inspired to do something crafty. Although, it will never look as nice as Aidan's. And you can tell him I said that. :-)
Wow, he did a great job.
That is a cute turkey :)
umm - I can't believe you did this and didn't invite me :) - so cute - maybe I could have learned - ha! do you want to come over sometime here to do them with naomi and hannah and samuel and maybe a friend or 2 of theirs??
Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday! Happy to meet you! :]
CUTE!!!
Post a Comment