I have a new addiction that I blame solely on my parents. Well, to be more specific, my dad, although my mom has gotten into it now and furthers my addiction along with hers. It's called Animal Crossing.
My parents have a Wii and my dad bought this game for their Wii. On several occasions when I would go visit, he would be playing. He played so much that my sister got interested while visiting and created a character. Then my brother bought the game for his Wii and created his own town so that him and my dad can visit back and forth. So I decided to create a character, and had fun playing on the rare chance that I got considering the Wii is located at my parents' house and anytime I went over, my dad was probably already playing.
Due to this dilemma, I had Josh get Animal Crossing for the DS for me, and I now play on a daily basis. Multiple times per day. I'm ashamed to admit that I even dreamt about the characters in my town one night. I have begun questioning my desire to play this game. What's the point? All you do is walk around, fish, talk to animals, sell fish, collect furniture, and pay off your mortgage. I voiced this question to Josh, and he told me not to think about it and just enjoy playing the game. Poor Aidan. He knows when Mommy is playing her game and will just come sit next to me and watch. He likes to point out all the fish for me too.
I mentioned that my mom is now addicted to this game as well. She created her character for the first time on her birthday a little over a week ago. I called her today, and she didn't answer the phone. Want to know why? She was trying to catch a fish.
2 comments:
oh i love that game!
To be clear. I play about once a day for 30 mins.
Post a Comment