When we first got there, he did not want to sit still as you can see from the picture above. Josh spent the half hour before the show going up and down the stairs multiple times. Aidan never did tire of it. He couldn't get enough of what was going on around him. Vendors were calling out for show lights, snow cones, and cotton candy. People were coming and going. Lights were turning on and off. By the way, the prices of goodies were insane! I really wanted a snow cone (love those things! mmmm), but one snow cone was 10 bucks. No thank you. One bag of cotton candy was also $10. Ridiculous! I was concerned that we would end up leaving once the show started because Aidan wouldn't sit still, but I was wrong. As soon as the lights went down and Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy came on the ice, he was transfixed and remained that way through the entire show. 
We saw shortened versions of The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Lilo and Stitch, and Peter Pan. Between each show, Mickey and Minnie and the others would come out and talk about what was coming next. Aidan's favorite part was by far during The Little Mermaid in the Under the Sea song. He kept pointing and saying, "Starfish, crab, starfish, crab." So cute! He also enjoyed Captain Hook's pirate boat. 

We did have one mishap, however. Aidan has been a bit sick to his stomach this week. He ran a low grade fever on Tuesday and Wednesday, developed diarrhea on Wednesday, threw up during the night on Wednesday, and has been eating very little. Thursday, he seemed much improved. He still wasn't eating much, but all of his earlier symptoms were gone. Well, this morning he woke up with diarrhea again, and had it all morning long. Not fun to deal with. Anyway, we thought about not going to the show tonight, but from 3:30 on, his diaper stayed completely dry, so we decided to go ahead and go. We did bring extra diapers and a change of clothes with us just in case. Everything was great until intermission. While I was gone to the restroom, Aidan's diaper exploded. Literally. Josh had to strip him down, wash his legs, remove his socks even, and threw away a soggy diaper. There was diaper residue on the floor under where Aidan was standing too. Secretly, I was glad I was in the restroom when it happened, but I didn't voice that to Josh. Hey, I've been dealing with it all day. It's his turn. Anyway, after that, he was fine and enjoyed the end of the show just as much as the beginning.
I'm glad we went. I enjoyed myself too.
1 comment:
sounds like a good time! minus the diaper mishap.
Post a Comment