
Courtney told me several months ago about her baby shower, and I decided I didn't want to wait for her registry. I wanted to give her something special because she's been such a special friend to me. With that in mind, I dragged my mom to Suzy's quilt shop with me on more than one occasion to help pick out colors for a baby quilt. I had fun picking out fabrics for a girl rather than a boy. I was very proud of the finished product.
front view

back view
I must admit that I was a little worried about giving it to her, but at the same time excited. I really hoped she would like it, and I kept checking her registry to see if there was anything like it on there. She did register for a lot of blankets. To my surprise and delight, Courtney cried when she opened the gift. Well, not so much cried as teared up while telling me how much she loved it and she couldn't believe I found the time to make a quilt while pregnant myself with a 2 year old running around. 
I love you, Courtney, and I'm really glad you like the quilt.
No comments:
Post a Comment