Monday, April 12, 2010

Finally

I feel as if we have been waiting for Levi's headstone to arrive forever. It has been about 6 months since I first stepped foot inside the funeral home to place the order. I've been on pins and needles hoping it would arrive by the one year mark. And it finally has...

Josh and I took flowers out this evening and visited for a bit.



We spent some time explaining things to Aidan. He's starting to understand more. He knew we were visiting Levi and he now will tell you that Levi is his brother. Whether or not he understands what a brother is, is up for debate though. We explained that Levi died and Mommy and Daddy had his body buried under where our feet were, but that Levi's soul lives with Jesus up in heaven. Aidan replied, "Yeah."




My boys

Wish I could hold them both.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That's so sweet. *hugs*

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is a beautiful son. ((HUGS))

Kristin Hope said...

Amy, I just want to say that this is beautiful. I read it to myself...and almost cried. Then I read it out loud to Chris, and I did cry. So beautiful - so sweet. *hugs*

Unknown said...

I'm so glad it came in time. The inscription is beautiful. The picture with Aidan is precious. I'm looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks...you're always on my heart.

Crystal said...

Glad it came in. I know it was a long wait, but it looks great! (: