Tuesday, April 6, 2010

3 little monsters



My sister found these cute shirts online one day, and rather than buy them, asked me if I thought we could make them. I believe she also wanted to learn how to applique. So, when she was visiting a few months ago, I picked her up and we went to the fabric store. We went back to Mom's house. At this point, one or both of the twins needed their momma, so I traced the pattern and cut out the fabric. Mom stepped in and offered the actually sew them on the shirts for us. I obliged, and we received the completed shirt a few weeks later (I would have sewn them on that day myself, but I'm not complaining.) So much for Megan learning how to make them. :)

Aidan calls it his alien shirt. Notice his shoes in the first picture. They have cookie monster on them. Megan and Jonathan got them for him for Easter. So cute and just in time! He's practically worn all the way through the sole of his other tennis shoes. Aidan calls them sneakers. I'm not sure where he learned that word. I certainly don't refer to shoes as sneakers.

Yesterday, we took the boys to Breckinridge Park for this photo session. We let them play, too, of course. Trying to get all 3 boys to look at the camera and smile is an almost impossible task. I'm pretty sure my camera officially broke during this park play time as well. I haven't been able to get the lens to go back into the camera since then, and everytime I press the power button, it gives me a lens error. I'm heartbroken as we can't afford a new camera at this time since we have to pay for our new shower that we just got installed. (Yes, a new shower! I'll post pictures and tell the story as to why we had to get a new shower once it's all complete.) I guess I'm asking for a camera for my birthday, but that's not until July. :(

No comments: