Thursday, April 1, 2010

April

It's here. The month I've been dreading for quite some time now. At this time last year, I was a wonderfully happy pregnant mother of 2 living boys only to have it come crashing down on me 29 days later.

These next four weeks are going to be full of some very painful memories, and I'm not at all looking forward to living through them, nor am I sure that I can.

A year ago April, my sister took maternity pictures of me in a field of bluebonnets. I will never look at bluebonnets the same again.

A year ago April, I celebrated Easter with my family and had to waddle around to help Aidan find his Easter eggs. This Easter, I should have 2 little boys hunting for eggs.

A year ago April, Monica threw a baby shower for Levi. None of those gifts were ever used. They were either returned to the store or stored in my attic. Baby showers make me nervous now.

A year ago April, I lost my 2nd child and no one can tell me why.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thinking of you. *hugs*

Jess said...

A year later all those memories are still so strong and so painful aren't they? I'm so sorry your two little boys won't get to hunt for eggs together this year, and all the memories you have are different than the ones you wanted. Praying for you in the upcoming weeks...hugs

Susan said...

I love you so much, Amy. This will be a hard month... you will survive it. And, there are lots of us around that want to help you get through it. I don't mind standing behind you and pushing you through, or walking beside, or pulling from the front. You are very loved. And, if you need extra attention, I can always send Mia your way... she loves her "MeeMee".