Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dreams

I long for dreamless nights. My dreams are haunting me this month. I'm sure it's from the anticipation of reliving the worst day in the history of my entire life. Before my baby died, my worst day was the day I was diagnosed with diabetes. That's nothing now. At least I am still able to live my life, unlike my child.

My dreams are forcing me to relive the events of that day. Over and over again. I'm in the hospital completely unaware of what is to come. Another me is standing on the outside trying to warn myself and stop the events. But I can't. It all happens. Over and over again. And I wake with tears on my face.

I need these dreams to go away. Please help me pray that they disappear from my subconscious. My conscious thoughts are hard enough.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Amy. We have lost two babies in the past few weeks here at church. The second was similar circumstance as yours - the mother was my co-worker's cousin. The first loss caused several people to come to know Christ. The baby was here for a week - mother had been advised to have pregnancy terminated because of birth defects but chose life. Many miracles of family/friends accepting Christ have come from the loss of this baby boy. The second is too new for me to know details yet. So sad but the legacy this little baby left in our hearts and souls will be with us forever.
Susan Hamlin
Pastoral Ministry Assistant
First Baptist Church Garland

The McGrew Crew said...

Amy-I pray that God will make this as peaceful a month as possible for you!

Jess said...

I'm so sorry this month is so hard. I am a month away from Eliana's one year birthday in heaven, and it does bring it all back so clearly again. Praying that the nightmares will stop and that you will be able to have a very special, peaceful day on the Levi's birthday.

Fireflyforever said...

I pray that the dreams leave you. I'll be thinking of you this month Amy. I found the build up to Emma's first birthday very hard so I'll be hoping for strength for you.