Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Gingerbread House

Yesterday, I decided to quick off the start of December by making a gingerbread house with Aidan. I bought a kit that had a premade house, and all we had to do was decorate it. Easy peasy, right? Umm, no. Note to self, in the future, don't pick a project to do "together" that is going to wind up having me do all the work! Aidan seemed to enjoy himself, nonetheless.
Getting started. He's asking me to open the bag of candy here. Can you figure out what he spent to most time doing? That's right. Eating the candy rather than decorating with it.

Icing the house. He started out doing it, but the icing set really quickly and was really thick, so I had to help him in the end.

Decorating the roof with candy. He didn't eat all of it.

He was pleased with his decorating job. That one side of the roof had random pieces of candy stuck everywhere.



Tada!
Today, that very same gingerbread house is completely bare of all candy. I'll give you one guess as to what happened to it all.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

My roommate and I made one of those last year! Pretty sure it sat on the cabinet above our oven until about March or so. Sad...

Megan said...

fun!