Thursday, December 3, 2009

To Levi

Levi,

Dearest lovie, I thought of you a lot today. I even bought some Christmas gifts for you. I'm going to donate them to children that may not get a Christmas without your gifts. I know you won't mind. I wish I could really give them to you. I wish you were here pulling ornaments off the tree while learning how to crawl. I wish you were annoying your brother by taking all his toys. I wish your brother knew you as more than just a black and white photograph on our wall. I wish a lot of things, but alas, none of them will ever come to fruitation. I just miss you. In the deepest part of my heart, I long for you. I have a never ending ache that I fear will not come to an end until I get to hold in my arms at the gates of heaven. You'll be waiting for me there, won't you?

You are always on my mind. I love you with all my heart.
Always and forever,
Mommy

3 comments:

Monica said...

A very beautiful tribute to Levi, and what a great way to remember him - by donating to others. Thanks for sharing this.

Devin said...

I think that's great that you are donating the toys in his memory. What a sweet tribute to your little guy.

Susan said...

I think he will be waiting for you... I imagine him tugging on Jesus's robe saying "How much longer 'til she's here???"