Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Snow Day

It was snowing when we woke up this morning. Yes, snow in Dallas, Texas. I know. Hard to believe, but it does happen from time to time. I immediately bundled Aidan and myself up, and we headed outside with our pjs still on. Snow doesn't last long in Texas, so you have to catch it when you can. Josh came out as well, and snapped a few pictures, but didn't stay long because he was already running late for work.

Look! There's snow on our roof!

It rained all day yesterday, so the ground is super wet. Our back patio slopes down a bit, so all the water collects in this corner. Aidan kept trying to splash in the water. I guess he didn't get that freezing cold water will hurt your toes because eventually, this is the reason we went back inside the house. "My toes hurt, Mama!"


See? In the water again.

Does it snow in heaven, Levi?

Look, Mommy! There's snow on my slide!

Aidan tried to catch snow flakes on his tongue.


He had so much fun!

Mommy and Aidan. This is just a horrible picture of me. Self portraits never turn out well.


It stopped snowing shortly after we went back in the house, and now at noon, all the snow has melted and left behind a big wet, mushy mess. Like I said, snow doesn't last long in Texas, but we enjoyed it while we could.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How fun!! It's snowed twice in Florida in my lifetime and it was so much fun making mini snowmen with all that we could scrape off the cars. I've gotten to play in the real stuff too at times but it's so surreal to see it down south :)