Sunday, June 28, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggety jig

I'm back. Aidan and I, along with Megan, Luke, and Greyson, arrived home yesterday afternoon. We had a really good trip and I'm glad we went. It most certainly would have been difficult to be home alone while Josh was out of town. Megan and L&G provided some much needed distraction and fun for us. We started out our trip by taking a trip to the Houston Zoo on Saturday morning. Saturday was also the twins' 2nd birthday.

Aidan crawling through a tunnel inside an aquarium. Lions

Spectacle Bear

Looking at the sea lions
watching the giraffes


Black Leopard. There was also a spotted leopard, but it was laying in the shade at the back of the cage. Smart cat.



Later that day, we celebrated Luke and Greyson's birthday with a party.

Enjoying cake and ice cream.

This is the real way to eat some cake and ice cream.


I made crayon rolls for the boys. Greyson did not want to put the crayons away after this and began to color the wrapping paper on all his other presents.

We spent a lot of time outside playing with bubbles throughout the week.
Greyson and bubbles

Aidan and bubbles

Luke and bubbles



Meg and Jon gave L&G cozy coupes for their birthday, so we also spent a lot of time outside playing with these cars throughout the week. It was almost too hot to let them play with the cars though. At one point, Megan and I put the cars in the garage to try to dissuade all 3 boys from playing with them. They fought over the cars at first considering there's only 2 cars and 3 boys, but they finally figured out that one person could push while another rode.

We took the boys to the pool one day. A couple of other days we went to a park in the morning. We also let them play at the parks in the mall and at chic-fil-a. We also watched lots and lots of Elmo. We tried discouraging some of their Elmo viewing, but unfortunately, between the 3 of them, they figured out how to work the DVD player.
Meg and I rented a couple of movies to watch after the boys went to bed. I do not recommend Revolutionary Road. We rented it because it had gotten good reviews. I don't think either of us really knew the story line beforehand though. It was extremely depressing and led to a difficult night for me. I need light hearted, funny movies to watch these days. Any recommendations??
I've discovered that I can't live in Houston. Something there irritates my skin. This is the 2nd time that I've gone for an extended period of time and dealt with an eczema break out on my face. It's mainly on my neck, chin, and eyelids. So I'm glad to be home; for many reasons-not just to clear up my face, although that is a perk.

2 comments:

Jamie Bell said...

I highly recommend "what happens in vegas"....sooooo randomly funny!

Kim said...

Role Models was funny (but vulgar!), Happy-Go-Lucky was SO sweet, and we are HUGE fans of 24 and Arrested Development...