Saturday, May 1, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday was a hard day to live through, but throughout the day, I was constantly reminded of how blessed Josh and I are by the friends and family that are present in our daily lives. Several of my friends decided to make yesterday as special a day as possible for me. I was picked up in the morning and taken to Levi's grave where I found Susan laying this beautiful wreath of flowers around Levi's headstone.
Many of my friends came to stand by my side on this day. Sharon, Alicia, Melanie, Monica, Heather, and Casey
Susan and Susan
Alicia prepared a few words to say in memory of Levi.
Everyone wrote a letter to Levi, tied it to a balloon, and then we released the balloons to the sky.
I was presented with a gift from them all. A bracelet with a photo of Aidan on one side and Levi on the other. It is something I will cherish always.
Afterwards, we all went to lunch and then I was taken out for a pedicure.

Aidan was home with Josh during this time, and Josh's friends, Chris and Sam, came to spend some time with him. I was extremely grateful for them. I didn't realize Josh had decided to take the day off work until after my friends had made arrangements to take me out, so I was glad he wasn't left home alone.

Flowers arrived on our doorstep from various people.

My parents took Josh, Aidan, and me out to dinner.

Late in the evening, our growth group from church showed up at our house. Susan had arranged a candle light memorial service. Each of these candles had a title on them : Our Heavenly Father, Josh & Amy, Levi, Your Family in Christ, and Family & Future. Each title had a scripture printed underneath to go along with it. After the scripture was read and the candle lit, they went around and either prayed for us or said some type of encouragment to us. It was a very emotional, encouraging, and special time for the two of us to hear how others are specifically praying for us and how our story has helped to encourage others.


Even later in the evening, I found that my friend, Jamie, had dedicated this article to Levi.

Thank you to all of you who came together to make yesterday a very special day for us. Even though it is not how we wish we could have spent the day, you helped to make it memorable in its own way. Your obvious love and generousity towards our family has touched our hearts in so many ways. We still have a long road of healing ahead of us, but I am so very blessed to know I have such a strong community of people to lean on when the days get too difficult for me to stand on my own. I love each and every one of you. Thank you so very much for holding my hand and pulling me through.


5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful support group you have. For everyone to share this sad but special day with you is just great. God Bless you and those around you. Thinking of you. *hugs*

Dawn said...

It brings me great joy knowing you had such great friends surrounding you yesterday.

Angel's Mummy said...

what wonderful, thoughtfull friends you have. What they did for you was beautiful. I wish i could say the same for my 'friends'.
Levi will never be forgotten, always cherished and loved.such a beautiful baby boy.
wishing you gentle days
Angel's Mummy

Fireflyforever said...

I am so glad you had such wonderful friends around you to celebrate Levi. I love your bracelet - beautiful.

Jess said...

Wow, that is so great that you were surrounded by so much love and support on such a difficult day! It really helps to have other people share it with you.