Saturday, May 15, 2010

Aidan's finished room

A year ago, we began the process of converting Aidan and Levi's baby nursery into Aidan's big boy room. The furniture in Aidan's room is all the same, except the shelf with toys has now been exchanged for a desk and hutch.

In December, I completed one of the two quilts for Aidan's bunk beds. The quilts are not the same, but are made from the same fabrics. You can't see it in the picture, but the thread used to hold the layers together is sewn into an all over car pattern.
And now, my mom has finally completed the second of the two quilts. I love this one. This quilt was made specifically for Aidan while the one I made will most likely go to the little one now growing under my heart. Once the baby outgrows the nursery, he and Aidan will share a room. By then, Aidan will be about 6 and old enough to sleep on the top bunk while his brother sleeps on the bottom.

Look at all those cars and trucks.

His bed was the finishing touch to completing his car themed room.






4 comments:

Amanda said...

Amy- They will treasure it forever!

Elizabeth said...

Love it. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Love the room!

-Undrea

Jess said...

I absolutely love those quilts. You and your mother are so talented!! My mom and I actually wanted to do matching quilts for my boys' bunks, but neither of us knows how! (I know the basics for a tied quilt, but nothing about machine quilting) Who knows, maybe I'll learn yet. But what a special thing to do for your little guy(S)!