Tada! (He would say that everytime he packed more snow on.) Finished product..jpg)
He had so much fun throwing snow into the air. Of course, this eventually led to him throwing snow at Mommy. I chased him down with snowballs in return. :)
.jpg)
Making a snow angel.
We went back outside when Daddy got home, and he reluctantly made a snow angel after much prodding from his 3 year old son.
Daddy and Aidan and the beginning of snowman # 2.
Complete! Aidan was so proud of his BIG snowman.I returned to the house sooner than Josh and Aidan because my toes were so cold they hurt. Aidan wanted nothing to do with ending his outdoor play, so Josh stayed out with him for another half hour or so. After the two of them came back in the house, I stripped Aidan down to discover snow had gotten packed up inside his pant legs and his socks were soaked, resulting in his feet up to mid-calf literally turning red from cold. Poor little guy was crying because it hurt so much. Josh warmed him up with body heat and my electric blanket.
It continued to snow all yesterday, and this morning we woke up to this in our backyard...
Aidan, of course, wanted to return to the outdoors. I called Mom who was off work today to see if she wanted to play too. She did come over, but part of me thinks it's because I had power and she didn't. :) We had to make a run to Target for some rain boots first though as I did not want a repeat of yesterday's cold feet episode. I bought some for myself as well.
Aidan was very concerned about his snowman being broken, so I had to wipe off all the excess snow to discover our original snowman lying underneath the new snowfall. Mom then told me she would show me how to properly make a snowman.
Mom rolling the snow for the base of the snowman.
Our biggest snowman yet!
After I removed all the pieces from yesterday's snowman to place on today's snowman, Aidan wanted to knock the old snowman down. He then decided to sit on top of the base.
Mommy and Aidan and Snowman #3.The snow has been fun while it's here because it's such a novelty to us Texans. I mean, I'm 27 years old, and this is the first time I've ever played in this much snow outside of skiing. (I probably played in it when I lived in Ohio, but I don't remember those days, so surely it doesn't count. Plus, the only picture of me in the snow is one of my crying, so apparently, I didn't do much playing in it.) I'll be glad when it's gone though. My house has become a mess. All this tramping in and out of the snow leaves wet clothing, shoes, and floor throughout the entry way of my home.
.jpg)


.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment