On Saturday, we had Aidan's 3 year and family pictures taken. I had originally scheduled an outdoor session on January 30th, but of course, that was the weekend the temperatures decided to drop into the 30 degree area, so we rescheduled for February 13th, and it snowed. We kept our session anyway, deciding that the snow would be pretty in the background, but it started to melt before we got there. You can still see some snow anyway.
Sharon sent me two sneak peeks, so I thought I'd share them while I try to patiently wait for the rest to arrive in my inbox.

We hadn't done family pictures since Aidan turned one. I was waiting to do them again once Levi was around 6 months old or so. Obviously, that didn't happen. I knew we needed to do them again, so I scheduled them, but I was having a hard time with being okay with them because part of our family is missing, and I'm not yet at the point where I can go on with life and not acknowledge Levi's existence in our family. Right before the session, I texted Sharon about incorporating a yellow rose to symbolize Levi's presence, and she went and picked one up for me. (It's wonderful having a good friend as your photographer!) I love that he's still a part of these pictures.
3 comments:
I love the pictures, and the yellow rose for Levi! He will always be a part of your family and you should never have to pretend otherwise!
Your pictures came out beautiful. The yellow rose brought me to tears. How beautiful is that!
They are so nice.
Post a Comment