You see, 9 months ago, my life as I knew it came crashing down, and I have yet to figure out how to put all the pieces back together again. Sure, most of the pieces are in place, but there are still a few very vital pieces that are missing.
The 9 month mark tore me apart much more than I expected. The fact that Levi has now been dead longer than he was ever alive, and that I've experienced life without him longer than life with him is a hard fact to live with.
A couple other things that I don't yet feel at liberty to discuss have come to play this past week as well. One of those things created great disappointment, and upset me much, much more than I anticipated. The other leaves my future in the unknown, which is a scary place for me to be. See, I'm a planner. I know what I want from life, and I make it happen. I lost that ability 9 months ago. Not having that ability and having to trust the Lord is frightening to me. I'm not sure I'm ready to trust Him yet, but He's forcing it upon me.
So, as I begin my search for inner peace and calm, as I learn to trust the Lord again and lay my life out in front of Him, I beg of you to intercede on my behalf. I beg you to pray that I continue to not only be the best wife and mother I can be, but to improve in those roles daily as I fear I'm letting those two roles in my life fail. I beg you to pray that God clearly shows the path of my future to me and gives me peace about it, whatever the outcome may be. I beg you to pray that my heart continues to soften and breaks free of the bitterness surrounding it. I beg you to pray that Aidan never realizes the heartache that his mother is experiencing and is in no way negatively affected by the circumstances surrounding Levi's death.
10 comments:
I am praying for you, Amy. *hugs*
Takes so much to be able to put all of that truth down for all to see.You know I am an email away if you ever need to chat! you bring up so many things that I have yet to experience! Not sure I am ready for it! I saw your 9 month post the other day and was like, "oh yeah, today is the 30th. great. I was having such a good day."
I will be praying for you! Thanks again for the honesty!
I'll be praying!
I'm sorry things are so hard right now. I too have felt like a failure as a wife and mother at times, and I try to trust that God will fill in the gaps where I am lacking, and help to take care of them as I'm healing. I am praying for you
Praying for you.
Praying that God gives you exactly what you need, exactly when you need it. I'm so glad you haven't tossed God to the side. I know He has a plan for you, and you will glorify Him in the process.(:
Amy, don't sell yourself short. You are an AMAZING woman, wife, mom, daughter, sister and for me--friend. Your smile brightens any day. I know trust doesn't come easily--esp after Levi's passing. Faith/trust is all we have left when everything else fails. Defintely you will be in my prayers! Go into your heart~the home where Jesus lives~sit in the big comfy seat in front of the fireplace, pull the quilt of His peace around you, get comfortable and talk to Him. He knows you, he knows you hurt, knows you are angry, knows you are scared. He also know you love, knows you are passionate, knows you are a giver and planner. Talk to Him, empty your heart. He LOVES you more than you will know this side of Heaven. My sweet angel~ You are loved by so many. Cry if you need to, laugh~ it is ok, scream, kick, run, whatever it take to express your heart. He will listen, follow, and guide~~ I promise!!! I love you ~ Mimzy
Hello, It is Lisa from Jasper, Forever our first born. I wanted to let
you know that I wrote your angels name and took some pictures and wanted
to give them to you. I am doing this for all the angels on the blogs that
I follow. Here is the link. I hope you like them.
http://waterfallangels.blogspot.com/2010/02/levi.html
((HUGS))
I'm praying for you Amy. I'm so sorry you and Josh are going through so much pain.
My sweet friend, I am praying for you. Thank you for sharing your heart, your hurt and your hopes with us so that we know what to pray for. Lets go get pedi's soon! Sounds like you could use some girl-time. Love and hugs.
Post a Comment